Position: Product Management Wizard – Calgary, AB
What you bring to the office:
- You have experience in software design for oil and gas
- Impeccable analytical, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to self-manage, take the bull by the horns and get into the nitty-gritty design detail without losing sight of the big picture
- You think big but relish getting into the weeds and putting yourself in the shoes of our users
- You thrive on finding practical and innovative ways to address complex business challenges to keep our clients thriving
- You breathe fresh air into our established team – but know how to compromise and collaborate
- An appreciation for a flexible environment, but the desire to work hard and make sacrifices when it’s crunch time
- You don't write code – but a natural curiosity and thirst for knowledge enable you to adopt new tools and applications quickly. Sometimes you even inadvertently become the go-to-person for questions from those who resist change.
- You aren't a software architect but your knowledge of the space paired with your expertise on the business side of the equation lets you collaborate with the software nerds to create the perfect design.
At Red Dog, we put our users first. As part of the product management team you will bridge the technical and business worlds as you design features our customers will love. In this role, you will contribute to our mission of making the oil and gas industry better and be a key component in defining our product vision and strategy. You will anticipate and uncover business needs and understand how our product can enable our clients’ business success. Most of your day will be spent working with the team to design, build and roll out new features.
Red Dog is a crew of smart and driven people who take pride in creating simple, elegant solutions to tough problems facing the energy industry. We believe in empowerment and trust and support our people in creating the work environment that lets them do their best work. The lion’s share of our company is owned by people who contribute to our success every day. We have a profit share model that makes us think like owners and we all act accordingly. We don’t work for corporate overlords; we work for each other. We succeed as a team and when the team wins, we all win.
We don’t punch out until we are proud of what we’ve accomplished. We value hard work but fun is our middle name. We like: travel, team hockey games and drinks served by a mythical penguin. We believe work matters, so we do everything we can to create a productive work environment for smart people to do their best work. We don’t do titles, management or red tape because with the right people on the bus, rules only hold us back. This isn’t your regular 9-5.
You are a person who always puts team goals ahead of personal aspirations, has service in your blood and is looking for a place to do the best work of your career. We have a cult like culture that repels mediocre performers and attracts stars. If that makes you nervous you might want to go about your day. If it excites you, you may just have come to the right place. Send us a note and tell us why you are worth a conversation.